From Our Candidates
The following responses from NNU-prepared teachers were collected as part of a state-wide survey of in-service educators conducted by the Department of Education . See the alumni survey results.
"NNU's program was rigorous with a lot of lesson planning. The accelerated pace, focused classes, and high expectations of planning thoroughly prepared me for my first year of teaching."
"NNU's program prepared me to teach by setting high standards that they held us to. We had multiple opportunities to work inside different classrooms, construct many lesson plans and units until it became second nature. The courses and professors prepared us well, so it was an easy transition into teaching."
"The program included a good variety of coursework and we learned through experience. I think the best thing NNU did was pair me with an excellent mentor teacher for student teaching. She continued to support me even after I graduated and really made me a good teacher. I also felt that NNU did us a service by providing numerous classroom experiences for all four years."
Educator Preparation Program Completers
NNU's education program goes above and beyond to help students succeed. Take a look at these indicators to see how our graduates perform.
Praxis II Pass Rate✝
|Certification Requirements Met||100%||100%||100%|
Program Completion Rate
|Educator Placement Rate||100%||100%||100%|
|NNU Loan Default Rate*||5.6%||5.6%||3.2%|
|U.S. Loan Default Rate||11.5%||11.5%||10.8%|
|NNU 6-Year Graduation Rate*||49%||56%||59%|
|U.S. 6-Year Graduation Rate*||60%||40%||55%|
100% Praxis pass rate applies to all candidates prior to entering Internship or Student Teaching, in addition to all program completers.
The following responses were collected as part of an exit survey conducted by the Department of Education with the principals of traditional and non-traditional teachers one year after the date of their hire. Employer survey results.
National Rankings and AccoladesTeacher preparation programs at NNU have consistently been rated as top-performing programs in the nation, and the state of Idaho. Listed below are state and national rankings and accolades awarded by the National Council on Accreditation of Teacher Colleges (NCATE), the National Council of Teacher Quality (NCTQ), and the Idaho State Department of Education, Professional Standards Committee (SDE/PSC).
- 2018: Chemistry Education Program, identified as Exemplary within the state of Idaho, SDE/PSC
- 2018: 100% of endorsement programs fully Approved, SDE/PSC
- 2017: Elementary Education & Secondary Education Programs ranked as Top 10% in the Nation, NCTQ
- 2017: Secondary Education Program, 94th National Percentile, NCTQ
- 2017: Secondary Education Program, #1 in the state of Idaho, NCTQ
- 2016: Elementary Education Program, 99th National Percentile, NCTQ
- 2015: NNU Education Programs identified as one of the Top Ten Education Programs in the Nation, NCATE
- 2014: Secondary Education Program, Nationally Ranked, #14, NCTQ
- 2014: Elementary Education Program, Nationally Ranked, #16, NCTQ